Pareto Limited announced that its head office at The Atrium in Sandton City received Green Star ratings by the Green Building Council of South Africa.
Pareto has achieved a 5 Star Green Star SA Interiors v1 certification which demonstrates Leadership and commitment in the sustainability programme. The office, as a high-performance tenant space, is a healthy, productive place to work, less costly to operate and maintain, and has a reduced environmental footprint.
The offices were designed according to the Biophilia framework to optimise the user’s productivity and satisfaction through the organization’s work style, processes and space program and design. Pareto’s inhouse architect, Charslayn Thonga explained “the project targeted an innovation point for including biophilia within the design, which encourages and recognises the inclusion of initiatives to bridge the divide between the natural and built environments”.
This is shown in their custom-designed interior fit-out and has the following sustainable building features:
- Makes use of daylight harvesting to offset electrical lighting.
- Furniture Assembles and Flooring are responsibly sourced.
- Fresh air rate is supplied at a minimum of 12.5l/s/person for 100% of the usable area.
- Most lights have been fitted with motion sensors. Minimal hot water supplier will be integrated into the building. The lighting power density for 95% of the UA is less than
1.5W/m2 per 100 Lux at 720 mm AFL with a default maintenance factor of 0.8.
- Water closets, urinals and tape fixtures all reduce water consumption. WC’s and urinals all fitted with actuators to reduce and control water consumption.
- Adhesives, sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Integrated BMS system records and logs all energy and water usage within the building and can be displayed in real-time.
- Indoor plant requirements exceeded the well-designed space.
“To reflect Pareto’s ethos and to promote user health and wellness, the spaces were designed for restoration and relief from mental fatigue and stress”, continued Thonga.
This month, the Pareto Head Office in Sandton is targeting its 5-Star Green Star Interior v1 certification for its custom-designed interior fit-out. The intention was to reflect the organisation’s brand, culture and ethos as well as to promote health and wellness for users of the space.
As an established property investment group that actively invests, modifies and breaks new barriers in world-class shopping centres, Pareto is committed to sustainable building practices that include adopting new innovations to improve energy performance, water savings and waste management. The 1081sqm high-performance fit-out is located in The Atrium on 5th building and comprises a series of dynamic spaces that can accommodate consulting, community and growth – including boardrooms, hot desks, a communal lounge and refreshment areas.