Pareto Limited ("Pareto") is South Africa’s premier shopping centre investor and one of the country’s leading retail property industry players, fully committed to furthering all facets of this exciting industry.
Pareto has developed an excellent reputation as a highly respected property loan stock company. Its strong focus is on acquiring and enhancing super regional and regional shopping centres in South Africa,as well as mixed developments.
The minimum size requirement is 30,000 square metres of lettable retail area, which is in line with the growing trend towards decentralization and convenience shopping in the country’s major urban areas.
A pre-requisite for Pareto to invest in a mixed-use property development is that at least 50% of the development must be dedicated to retail.
Pareto’s mission is to invest in, develop and manage shopping centres of behalf of our shareholders and to optimally grow our distributions in a sustainable and ethical manner.
Commitment to sustainable Corporate Social Investment ("CSI") projects is also a core feature of Pareto’s activities.
Since its formation in 1998, Pareto has strongly grown its capital base and consistently enhanced income returns for its shareholders. Pareto has its roots in the Eskom Pension & Provident Fund (EPPF) and the Public Investment Corporation which acquired a 40% stake in 2001. However, recently the PIC acquired the remaining 60% stake from EPPF.
Pareto’s premier shopping centre investments include:
- Johannesburg – Cresta Shopping Centre (100%), details
- Johannesburg – Sandton City Shopping Centre (25%), details
- Johannesburg – Southgate Mall (67%) & Value Market (65%), details
- Johannesburg – Westgate Regional Shopping Centre (56%), details
- Durban – The Pavilion Shopping Centre (100%), details
- Cape Town – Tyger Valley Shopping Centre (58%), details
- Cape Town - Cavendish Square (50%), details
- Bloemfontein – Mimosa Mall (100%), details
- Pretoria - Menlyn Park (50%), details
Pareto's other property investments include 25% ownership of:
- Sandton Office Towers
- Sandton Convention Centre
- Sandton Game
- Sandton Sun Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel
- Sandton Garden Court Hotel